Evelyn KASINA







I am a Kenyan Techprenure - Evelyn Kasina the founder of Eveminet Communication Solutions Limited. I thrive in the Educational space where I train and equip Children and Parents/Guardians on Digital Literacy and Cyber Security. 

I am also a mother of two children and a wife. 

I got the idea to train children when I encountered my son viewing cartoons on my iPad and he would be so swift to clicking the adverts and popups - I was not comfortable with that and I was scared that he would access unhealthy content.  That's how my business idea got born to protect him and his peers.

Funny how I started my business, so for close to one and a half years I converted one of the bedrooms in my house to an office, I would meet my clients in coffee houses then execute my work from the house. Whenever I needed to hold training I would use hotel meeting rooms. What is unique about my business is that I can work from the comfort of my house using my smartphone thus giving me an edge on the delivery in addition to this it is a niche in the sense that we are raising children in the Fourth Industrial Revolution where technology is playing a huge role and the internet breaks any physical barriers

Wow ! my goal is to *Create Digital Champions Made In Africa For The World*

We believe in being a social enterprise where we are using Technology to enhance our lives and change the narrative of *helplessness*,  *over-reliance* to aid, *excessive import consumption* - we are training our own children to be *innovators* and *creators*. Our program seeks to introduce learning technology to autistic children where we have peer training by our very own children thus prompting *Inclusivity* and acceptance of Beauty in Diversity.

The problems I have met are working capital, competent human capital and striking the balance of Work - Life  - family ( as I am a young mother and wife)

The impact Id like to have is so personal - To see a nation that upholds value-based digital citizenship, where we use the internet for good, for development for enhancement.

My vision  - To have accessible and secure digital opportunities for the African child/children

My advice - Believe in yourself, Be genuine, and be consistent - be a leader who inspires others to shine because that's how you grow. when it gets lonely (as it often does) hold the fort because your vision should be as clear as day even when it makes you look crazy to the world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR MISSION

Evelyn Kasina

OUR BELIEVES